|Basic E-mail Account Settings:|
|Username:||email@example.com (use your full email address)|
|Password:||******* (enter your password)|
|Security & Authentication:|
|Connection Security:||You Should Use SSL|
|Authentication Method:||Normal Password|
|Incoming (POP3/IMAP) Mail|
|IMAP Path Prefix:||INBOX|
|Outgoing (SMTP) Mail|
|Password Authentication:||Required (same as Incoming)|
Basic Dial-Up and Email Configuration
To setup a new dialup, open Internet Explorer, (if it is trying to open a page, just let it time out. When it is ready to talk to you, click on “Tools”, “Internet Options”. Click the “Connections” tab then the setup button. The wizard will start, just answer each question and click next. When you are asked to choose how to set it up, choose MANUALLY. Select the dial in number from the list below.
|Location||Phone Number||Location||Phone Number|
|Coeur d’Alene||215-2200||Priest River||448-2400|
These are only computer dial up numbers. If you need to talk to us in person please call us 447-3067 or 1-888-800-7686.
To setup your email in Outlook Express or Windows Mail:
1. Click on Tools, then on Accounts. Click on the mail tab, then the Add button.
2. Choose “mail” or “email”, whichever your version has, then click “next”.
3. Fill in Display name any way you wish. In that one box, you may use capital letters and spaces. Click “next”.
4. For your mail server type, choose POP3 (it is usually the default choice). In both the incoming and outgoing server boxes (the long, narrow ones) fill in mail.povn.com then click “next”.
5. Your account name is your entire email address. You may need to add the @ sign and domain name (@povn.com, @sandpoint.net, etc). Fill in your password, check remember password (Do NOT check “Logon Using Secure Password Authentication”) and click “next”.
6. Click “finish”. This will take you back to the accounts window.
7. Click on the “Properties” button the right. Click on the “Servers” tab at the top. At the very bottom of the page, put a checkmark in “My server requires authentication”.
7. Click on the “Advanced” tab the right. Change the outgoing server port (probably 25) to 587. Click “OK”. Close the accounts window. You are good to go.
Here are some other settings you may need:
Secondary DNS : 188.8.131.52